Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl
20 Min Serves 1
If you like, you can make the bowl in advance without the dressing and eat it cold. Drizzle the dressing over just before eating.
- ½ John West No Drain Fridge Pot Tuna Steak in Spring Water
- ½ pouch cooked basmati rice
- ½ small carrot, peeled and grated
- 2cm cucumber, sliced
- Small handful (about 2 tbs) cooked edamame beans
- Small handful thinly sliced red cabbage
- Few thin sliced red onion
- Few thin slices red chilli
- For the dressing
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Good pinch sesame seeds (we used a mix of black sesame and white sesame seeds)
No Drain Fridge Pot Tuna Steak With A Little Spring Water
Tuna steak with a splash of spring water. Mess-free, natural and the perfect fuel for after the gym, this is post-workout protein made easy in our no drain, fridge-friendly pot.
Prepare all the vegetables
Heat the rice according to the pack instructions then transfer to a bowl.
Meanwhile mix the vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl
Arrange the vegetables on top of the rice so you can see a bit of everything. Top with the tuna
Drizzle over the dressing then sprinkle on the seeds
You could use peppers, spring onion, cooked green beans, raw sugar snaps, sliced babycorn, the list goes on! Just try to have as many different coloured vegetables as you can.
You could make a bigger batch of dressing and keep the rest in a clean jar in the fridge for a few days so it’s ready to use
Try and use sesame oil and rice vinegar for the best flavour, but if you don’t have any you could swap for olive oil and white wine vinegar
Share this recipe