Tuna Egg Fried Rice
20 Min Serves 2
A quick and easy alternative to chicken fried rice.
- 1 John West No Drain Fridge Pot Tuna Steak in Sunflower Oil
- 1 free range egg
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 6 babycorn, sliced into rounds
- 12 sugar-snap peas (or mange tout), sliced in half diagonally
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce or tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs defrosted frozen peas
- 1 pouch ready to heat basmati rice
- Few sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced, to garnish
No Drain Fridge Pot Tuna Steak With A Little Sunflower Oil
Tuna steak with a drop of sunflower oil. Pack your midweek meals or post-gym snacks with natural tuna protein made easy with our no-drain, fridge-friendly pot for the best tuna dishes.
Crack the egg into a cup or small bowl and mix with a fork. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok and add 1 tsp of oil. pour in the egg and scramble briefly until almost set but not hard. Tip onto a plate and set aside
Heat another 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan and add the babycorn and sugar-snaps and fry for about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat and stir in the sweet chilli sauce (or ketchup) and soy sauce
Add the peas, rice and tuna and heat through gently for a few minutes until everything is piping hot. Stir through the cooked egg and a little coriander.
Serve in bowls with the rest of the coriander and some sliced spring onion to scatter over
For an extra punch of flavour, add a crushed clove of garlic and a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger after you’ve fried the veggies, cook for another 30 seconds before adding the soy sauce
Share this recipe