Super greens and Tuna Salad
10 Min Serves 2
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 30-40ml water
- 120g mixed baby spinach, rocket and watercress
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, then sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 crisp green apple, cored and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 x 110g tin of John West No Drain Fridge Pot Tuna Steak (in brine)
No Drain Fridge Pot Tuna Steak With A Little Brine
Tuna steak with a dash of brine. Perfect for a mess-free, post-gym pasta topping that’s packed with easy natural protein in our no-drain, fridge-friendly pot.
In a food processor or blender, whizz the avocado with the lemon juice until almost smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
With the motor running, slowly stream in the oil and enough water to reach a pourable consistency.
In a salad bowl, combine the mixed leaves, cucumber, celery, apple and spring onions. Pour over two-thirds of the dressing and toss to coat.
Flake the John West No Drain Tuna Steak over the salad, then drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Share this recipe