Italian mozzarella and tuna salad with ciabatta
30 Min Serves 4
- 50g chunky croutons
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 150g baby spinach
- 4 roasted red peppers from a jar, drained, chopped into strips
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 x 125g ball of reduced fat mozzarella, torn
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 x 80g pots John West Infusions Basil
- Black pepper
Place the croutons in a bowl. Mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the croutons. Toss to coat and set aside for 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix the spinach, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, shallots, olives, mozzarella and half of the basil. Add the bread and toss to combine. Top with the tuna and the remaining fresh basil. Season with black pepper and serve.
Share this recipe
The salad dressing is simply made with two ingredients, mixing together olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Whip up this tuna and mozzarella salad with ciabatta in just 30 minutes for a quick lunch or dinner.