STUFFED PEPPERS WITH TUNA, BROWN RICE AND QUINOA
Pre-heat the grill to medium-high and the oven to 170ºC fan/190ºC conventional/Gas 5.
Halve and de-seed the peppers, place on a tray and grill each side for 4-5 minutes.
Meanwhile sauté the onion in the oil for a few minutes then add the garlic, paprika, oregano and cook for another minute.
Add the rice and spinach along with 2 -3 tablespoons water and cook for another 2 minutes or until the spinach is just wilted. Turn off the heat, season with pepper and stir through the parmesan and tuna.
Spoon the mixture into the peppers then cover the tray loosely with foil. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 1 John West Fridge Pot Tuna in Brine
- 2 small red or yellow peppers
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 pouch microwaveable brown rice with quinoa
- 2 small handfuls spinach, washed and chopped
- tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbs finely grated parmesan cheese