FRESH LEMON AND THYME TUNA STUFFED POTATOES
A deliciously satisfying lunch or supper - comfort food with a twist!
Cut the two baked potatoes in half, scoop out the inside and return the skins onto the baking tray. Then, mash the hot potato with the cream cheese and butter, add the finely diced red peppers, chives, salt, black pepper and gently mix. Fold in the infused tuna and carefully pile the fish mash into the potato skins.
Mix the grated cheese, breadcrumbs and mixed herbs in a bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over the filled potatoes, pressing into place where necessary. Finally, place under a hot grill for a minute or two until the cheesy breadcrumb topping is golden and bubbling.
What could be better on a winter’s evening than a hot baked potato filled with delicious tuna? But this is no ordinary tuna baked potato. Our lemon and thyme infused tuna adds freshness and zest, while the cream cheese brings an extra level of indulgence. Rich, tasty and wonderfully simple, this is one tuna baked potato you’ll be making again and again.
- 2 X 80g cans of lemon and thyme infused tuna
- 2 freshly baked large potatoes (rubbed with a little olive oil and sea salt before baking to ensure a crisp skin)
- Large knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- Quarter of a red pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 75g grated cheddar cheese
- 15g fresh breadcrumbs
- A generous pinch of dried mixed herbs
- A pinch of ground black pepper and salt