ITALIAN TUNA AND MOZZARELLA SALAD WITH CIABATTA
Place the sliced onions into a small bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside while you prepare the rest. This takes away some of the harshness of the raw onion.
Spread the stale bread out on a plate. Mix together the olive oil and wine vinegar and drizzle it over the bread then leave it to soak in (at least 5 minutes but up to a few hours is fine).
In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and basil then add the bread, drained onions and half the tuna. Mix well then transfer to a serving bowl or large platter and top with the remaining tuna. Season with black pepper and serve or chill for later.
- 2 John West Infusions Pots – Basil Tuna
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 100g stale ciabatta or crusty white loaf, torn into chunks
- 2 handfuls roughly chopped romaine, gem or cos lettuce
- 3 vine tomatoes, diced
- 8 black or green pitted olives, halved
- 1 ball reduced fat mozzarella, torn into chunks
- hanful fresh basil leaves
- sprinkle black pepper