Healthy Steamed Mackerel with Couscous Recipe
Easy to prepare and simply delicious.
To prepare our Mackerel Coscous Recipe in a large bowl, mix the dried couscous with the olive oil, cover with the hot stock then cover the bowl with cling film and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
When the couscous has softened, add the red pepper, onion and chopped parsley and stir well using a fork.
Remove the mackerel fillets and add to the couscous along with any remaining juices. Add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- 2 cans John West Steamed Mackerel Fillets – Simply Natural
- 200g dried couscous
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbs good olive oil
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbs freshly chopped parsley
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper