SPICY MACKEREL SALAD
In a bowl, mix together the beans, sweetcorn, tomato, spring onion and avocado. Squeeze over the lime juice and season with black pepper. Drizzle over a little of the oil from the tin of mackerel
Fill two bowls with the mixed leaves and pile the bean salad mixture on top.
Break the mackerel into large chunks and arrange over the top, then scatter over the coriander leaves. Serve with flatbreads or crusty bread on the side to mop up all the juices!
- 2 tins John West Mackerel Fillets in Jalapeno Oil, oil reserved
- 1/2 tin tin mixed beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn (frozen and defrosted or tinned)
- 1 large vine tomato, diced
- 1 large spring onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, de-stoned, peeled and diced
- ½ lime juice
- pinch black pepper
- 2 large handfuls mixed leaves
- few sprigs fresh coriander (optional)