Classic Mackerel, New Potato & Bean Salad With Mint
A mouth-watering mixture of piquant flavours.
To prepare our Mackerel Salad Recipe boil the potatoes until tender, drain and cut into chunks.
Next, cook the beans in boiling salted water until tender and drain.
Mix together the mint, fromage frais, olive oil and add both Dijon mustard and lemon juice to taste.
Toss together the warm potatoes and beans and stir in the John West Mackerel Fillets until they are just beginning to break up.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Pile onto a large plate and serve straight away.
- 2 cans John West Steamed Cooked Mackerel Fillets (Natural - With A Little Olive Oil)
- 250g new potatoes, skins removed
- 85g each broad beans, fresh peas and French beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbs freshly chopped mint
- 5 tbs fromage frais
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard to taste
- Lemon juice to taste