|Job Title||Category Manager|
As Category Manager you will develop & assist in the implementation of bespoke plans for specific retailers based on the over-arching category strategy, delivering category growth and development of the John West brand.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To convert the continuous research data purchased by John West into actionable reports that identify sales and marketing opportunities for named retail customers and the John West marketing team
- To proactively build external relationships within designated retail accounts to ensure JW remains the preferred category advisor in “Everyday Fish”
- In collaboration with relevant National Account Managers ensure promotional activity within specific retailers is appropriate for the shopper, retailer and John West brand to gain maximum ROI (from plan development to evaluation)
- Provide information and insight to be used in JW annual brand plan and high level exec meetings
- Establish relevant weekly/monthly reports to monitor agreed KPIs and enhance JW performance in named accounts e.g. Distribution, ROS
- Be the lead in all relevant category management projects with agreed accounts e.g. space planning, range reviews, strategic development, NPD implementation
- Work with UK marketing team to develop NPD and ensure the category is at the core of product development
- Be the lead in shopper and category insight for relevant accounts
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of over-arching category plans based on the over-arching category strategy
- Assist in the provision of category/market data and analysis to support John West work processes and ad-hoc strategic initiatives and senior management presentations
- Excellent knowledge of IRI/Kantar / Dunnhumby software and reporting systems
- Excellent knowledge of space planning software
- Computer literate – strong Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to create retailer reports
- Highly numerate
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong presentation skills with ability to present at all levels at John west and relevant retailers
- Proven category management experience on retail multiples
- Someone who can demonstrate a great fit and ability to operate and be successful within the cultural framework of the Thai Union values and behaviours.
John West is commited to providing equality of opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role.
Due to the volume of applications it is not always possible to respond to every application. Therefore, if you have not received a response from us within 4 weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.